Monday, January 23, 2012

Back to Work

We're reading part of the Canterbury Tales in AP English.  I began some of the prologue today.  The Canterbury Tales are one of those works of literature that I've heard about a dozen times but never actually read.  I didn't even really know what it was.  So far, I've been slightly entertained, but I don't think it's something I'd want to read for fun.

We played that quiz game again in current events.  We may be switching teams next time we play because one team has lost every single time (and we're graded on it).  I hope not though.  My group does really well each time.  It's not that I want the other team to get bad grades, I just want to get a good grade.  It's hard when you have to beat others in order to get a good grade yourself, but you don't want the others to get a bad grade because they couldn't win.

I worked today or the first time since the summer.  The first day back always feels a little awkward.  It was pretty busy too.  For the first three hours or so there was a constant stream of people coming in, but after that the place was desserted.  I'll never understand that.  It happens all of the time.  Everyone comes at the same time for several hours, and then absolutely no one shows up for hours after that.  I managed to get a book finished while I was there though (plus homework and a good portion of another book).

Since I was at work, I'm getting to bed later than normal tonight.  I wrote another blog post before this and had a video to edit.  I wanted to get the video up tonight, but it's going to wait until tomorrow.  I also wanted to  watch an episode of Naruto tonight, but I don't know if I could make it through it (and I'd regret it in the morning).  I am going to read a little bit of fanfiction before bed though (just one chapter).

No comments:

Post a Comment