Sunday, November 1, 2015

Life Post: School and a Regatta

It's been more than a week since my last post. Most of my days have been more of the same, but now I have the added bonus of spending all of my mornings at a high school here in Indianapolis. That means a bit less sleep for me since I have to be up to get there, but it's really not all that different from when I was waking up before. The school I'm at is a really great school. I like it there, and the teachers I'm getting to observe are fantastic ones. I'm happy to be there.

That being said, everything is pretty exhausting right now, so I'm thankful for the weekend. My parents came up yesterday because my sister joined the rowing team and had her first competition yesterday. They came in seventh out of eight, and she managed to bruise her shoulder before even getting in the boat. It was her first competition though, and as she said, at least she managed to stay in the boat.

It was freezing out there. At one point, we walked over to where they loaded and unloaded the boat in order to see them load, and by the time we got done, my feet were hurting really badly from the cold. Even though it was freezing, I actually wound up with my shoes off and curled up in a blanket in order to warm them up. That worked a little, but they didn't fully go back to normal until I put my shoes back on and kept them under a blanket.

Today I'm hoping for a much less eventful day. The time falling back meant I got an extra hour of sleep, and now I have some work that absolutely has to be done before tomorrow. So I'm working hard on that. Hopefully I'll get through that quickly though and have a relaxing Sunday afterwards.

Oh, I almost forgot, but I reviewed episode three of season three of Reign and posted it on Youtube yesterday, if you're interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment