Monday, June 10, 2019

Life Post: Getting My Sleeping Schedule Back on Track

In the month since my trip to Korea, things have been a little exhausting to be honest.

I mentioned the TV show Druck a few posts back, and season three of the show ended in early May. By then, though, it had really messed up my sleeping schedule. The show is structured to send out the clips on the internet in real time, so you see everything as it is supposedly actually happening. Because the show is set in Germany, this meant a lot of clips aired while I was sleeping. My brain picked up on that, and I would wake up at odd times of the night. When I was asleep, I also don't think I was going into a deep sleep.

Once the show was over, you'd think the problem would go away, and it did, but it took a couple of weeks before I slept through an entire night. By then I was exhausted.

This past week, I had to travel twice for work. While that didn't impact my sleeping schedule, it did leave me a little exhausted because it was a big deviation from my usual routine, which I never do that well with.

Then, this week, Druck decides it's going to have a special episode and starts releasing clips again. Just when my schedule was finally getting back on track.

I'm thrilled, don't get me wrong, but I'm also preparing myself to be exhausted once again. Sure, it's only one week this time around, but I don't know how long it will take to adjust back to normal afterward. Fingers crossed for the best.

At least the clip we got today was adorable...

No comments:

Post a Comment