Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Day Before My Wisdom Teeth Are Removed

I get my wisdom teeth out tomorrow, and I've just spent about half an hour watching videos on Youtube of people after they got theirs removed, which definitely wasn't the greatest idea. I watched on video where a girl thought she was a unicorn.  I really hope that I don't wind up being that crazy.  I plan on filming a video about it, but I think I'm going to try and film later in the day when the medicine has hopefully worn off a bit (if I'm not in a lot of pain).  I may take my camera to have it right after, but if I do act crazy, I'm not sure I want to have it on the Internet.  We'll see.

Aside from the possible craziness though, the whole thing just makes me nervous.  I'm absolutely terrified of needles and blood.  My wisdom teeth haven't come up yet, so they're actually going to have to cut my gums open to take them out.  I'm terrified.  The idea of having stitches in my mouth scares me too.  I just am not at all looking forward to it.

In brighter news, I also get my new glasses tomorrow!  We're stopping by the eye doctor's before we go to the dentist.  At least that's one small thing to look forward.  Adjusting to new glasses and getting my wisdom teeth out the same day should be interesting.

6 comments:

  1. I would be flattened if all websites gave articles like that.
    wisdom teeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. So how’s your appointment? I really hope it went well. How long was your recovery time? They say it depends on how tough the surgery was, but after you got your wisdom teeth taken out, I’m sure you feel much better now. Wisdom teeth are actually known as such for appearing much later than the other teeth, at an age when we’ve become wiser than when we were younger. Isn't that awesome?

    Lonnie Frandsen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The actual surgery wasn't too bad at all, but it took a long time for me to be able to eat (and even smile for more than a short time) without my mouth hurting. Even now, more than a month later, one place still hurts a bit if I smile too long.

      Delete
  3. After my surgery, I also feel a little pain while eating. :( That’s why I have no choice but to eat soft food. Well, it’s just for a week and it does get better with time. And, it’s still okay for me to feel, at least, a little discomfort; at least I’m done now with my problematic wisdom tooth! ;)

    Calandra Janocha

    ReplyDelete
  4. It’s a good thing you decided to have your wisdom teeth removed. If you let those grow out, they might mess up the alignment of your teeth and cause further pain. Taking them out now will ensure that they don’t bother you any longer in the future, and that your teeth will remain perfectly aligned. The pain will ease away as time passes by. Just hang in there!

    **
    Darcy Losh

    ReplyDelete
  5. We’re on the same boat. When I had my wisdom teeth removed, I was so anxious about the pain, but my mom kept me calm by telling me the rewards of removing my impacted wisdom teeth. I guess her being my dentist made me more comfortable about the operation too. =)

    Kind regards,
    Cody Zieba

    ReplyDelete