Saturday, June 11, 2016

Life Post: Animals, Teeth, and Things

A lot of what I said in my last life post holds true now as well. By now, I've more or less settled into a summer break routine, and the days have begun doing that thing where they all blend together. If I didn't use my planner so obsessively, I doubt I'd know what day it is.

That being said, there have been some days that broke the routine. Last week my family and I went to the Indianapolis Zoo. It had been a while since I had been to the zoo, and it was fun. I got to touch a shark and see a baby monkey. Honestly, I think the cutest moment for me was watching the polar bear because it was adorable floating around in the water, but my favorite moment was probably with the birds. I held a parrot on my hand for the first time, and I think the experience kind of made me want one. In the past, parrots were one of the few types of animals that I wasn't too interested in owning, but now it seems so much more appealing.

Other than that, most of the fun stuff that's happened to me has been going out to lunch with my grandma and then one of my best friends and stuff like that.

In less than great news, the fillings that the dentist had to fix about a month ago (and 'fix' as in do it a second time) are hurting me. They've been bothering me on and off since the appointment, but at first, I thought it was temporary. Now, I can't really eat on that side of my mouth, especially if the food is even remotely hard. Brushing my teeth isn't too bad, but flossing almost kills me every night. I always forget about that tooth until the floss is down in there and there's nothing I can do but suffer.

At this point, I feel like I'm going to have to go back to the dentist and get something done with it again, and I am beyond dreading it. Fingers crossed that I don't actually have to have anything done, but I'm not sure how else this would be fixed. I don't think it's normal to not be able to eat on one side of your mouth one month after getting a filling. Let's just hope that, if it gets fixed again, this time it actually gets fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment