Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Anything But Books Tag

It's been a while since I've done a tag here, but after seeing Bianca over at The Ultimate Fangirl do the Anything But Books tag, I decided to as well. This tag was created by Katie at ReaderRot.

1. Name a cartoon(s) that you love.

Avatar: The Last Airbender will always win out as my favorite TV show ever, not just cartoon. Legend of Korra, its spinoff, is also way up there though.

2. What is your favorite song right now.

I'd probably go with "Power" off of Little Mix's album Glory Days.

3. What could you do for hours that isn't reading?

Writing. I typically spend about the same amount of time both reading and writing every day.

4. What is something you love to do that your followers would be surprised by?

This one is really difficult because I can't quite think of anything. The bulk of my free time is spent reading or writing, and when I'm not doing either of those things, I'm typically not doing anything that would surprise people. It's all pretty typical stuff.

One thing I just thought of that may or may not be surprising to some people is that I used to run a forum that, while it was never huge, got a lot more popular than I had expected it to. I kind of miss those days actually.

5. What is your unnecessarily specific thing to learn about?

I tend to Google the slightest of curiosities and then spend far too much time reading about random things. It's harder to think of something unnecessarily specific that I learn about constantly. Everything I can think of is a larger category, and there are so many of those that I can't narrow it down to one.

6. What is something unusual that you know how to do?

I feel like such a boring person trying to come up with answers to these questions. There has to be something, but perhaps because it doesn't stick out to me as unusual, I can't think of it.

Random thing that I thought of that a lot of people probably wouldn't find unusual: When I was in middle school, I spent a year and then another grading period being one of the people who put up and took down the school's American flag each day. When we took it down we had to fold it, so for a while I could correctly fold an American flag while hardly thinking about it. (I was always the one who actually folded it into a triangle while the other person just held the other end.) It's been nearly a decade since I've needed to though, so I bet I couldn't do it anymore.

7. Name something you've made in the last year.

I about two months ago I finished posting a Harry Potter fanfiction that I think is the longest single thing I've written so far. (Which is not to say that it's that long as I tend to write stories with smaller word counts than many other fanfic writers.) It's also been my most popular as far as kudos, reviews, and such go. I attribute that more to the active nature of that fandom and ship than anything else though.

8. What is your most recent personal project?

Recently I've been writing the sequel to the fanfiction I mentioned above, but I've also finished a shorter one-shot not too long ago.

9. Tell us something you think about often.

There are so many things. I love that period of time after you read a book that you loved when your thoughts are constantly drifting back to it. I'm at the tail end of that phase with the Infernal Devices and have pretty much only been reading TID fanfiction. I'm just now starting to be able to think of other things.

10. Give us something that's your favorite, but make it oddly specific.

Going back to Avatar, I love when one of the episodes starts to play and I hear Katara's opening narration. I have to say it along with her. I don't even think I'm capable of sitting quietly during those 30 seconds or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment