Friday, May 1, 2020

Life Post: A Golden Week Spent at Home

It's officially May here in Japan, which means it's also Golden Week.

Golden Week is a week that's full of a lot of Japanese holidays, so most companies in Japan give their employees the entire week off. Usually, people spend the week visiting family or traveling.

I also usually travel during Golden Week, but for obvious reasons, that didn't happen this year. It's sad because I had wanted to go to Tokyo Disneyland, which I haven't been able to do that. I know that Golden Week is possibly the worst time of the year for it because of the crowds, but I was excited anyway. Now that it's canceled, I'm trying to look on the bright side by telling myself that I can go a different time when it will be better.

The government has told people to stay at home this Golden Week to stop the spread of the coronavirus, and I definitely hope people will listen. I haven't checked the news to see if they've said anything about people traveling, but I'm hoping for the best.

In the meantime, I'm going to get back to tag wrangling. I still have plenty I can do at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment