Friday, September 23, 2022

Andor 1x01 "Kassa" Review

 I've been excited for Andor since it was first announced ages ago, and for a while, it felt like it was never going to be released. It's actually kind of strange that now I've seen episode one, but I'm also really grateful that it's here!

The story starts of on Morlana One. Cassian goes to a brothel and says he's looking for a girl from Kenari. It turns out that it's his sister, who we also see in flashbacks throughout the episode. I wasn't expecting part of the series to be Cassian looking for his sister, but as someone who loves sibling relationships in media, I'm really looking forward to seeing more of their relationship as things play out.

When two guards follow Cassian, he ends up accidentally killing one and then purposefully killing the other. This leads to a company employee being determined to catch Cassian even though his superior wants to sweep it under a rug. As far as villain's go, this guy seems pretty bland so far. I wonder if he'll stay that way or if we'll get backstory that makes him more interesting.

We meet a droid in this episode called B2EMO, and I love them already. Cassian asks the droid to lie for him, and B2EMO responds that they'll need to recharge in order to have the energy for it. That honestly might have been my favorite scene of the episode because it was one of the lighter moments and just very fun. I hope we see more of B2EMO later on.

One of the most interesting characters in this episode is a woman named Bix. She has some sort of relationship with a man she works with, but it also seems obvious that there are some sort of feelings between her and Cassian too. I'm curious how that will play out. She seems to have a very interesting story.

Overall, this episode was an enjoyable introduction to the story, and I'm excited to see what comes next.

No comments:

Post a Comment