Tuesday, September 27, 2022

Andor 1x02 "That Would Be Me" Review

This episode gives us a bit more information about Cassian's backstory, including information about his family and childhood. It answers some questions I had after episode one.

When Cassian's mother was first mentioned, I was curious if that was just a lie because the flashbacks made it seem like it was just him and the other kids. It turns out that he does have an adoptive mother, and she's been trying to hide that Cassian is from Kenari. 

I like Maarva so far. She seems to have Cassian's best interests at heart. I get the impression that she doesn't know much about Cassian's search for his sister though. I'm curious to learn how exactly she met him and what role she'll play in the rest of the story. (I'm guessing the explanation for how they met will be addressed in the flashback portions of the story.)

In an unsurprising twist, Bix's boyfriend (if that's even what he is) sees that Cassian is wanted and alerts the company to him. The boyfriend is an annoying character that doesn't have much going for him at the point of the story, and I wouldn't be upset if he disappears into the background. But I also wonder if he's going to play a larger role as the story progresses.

The Syril guy (who's name I had to look up while writing this because I couldn't remember it for the life of me) is still annoying, but at least he's a little (inadvertently) funny in this episode. I particularly enjoyed his "pep talk" to the other officers that falls spectacularly flat.

At the end of the episode, we get a scene with the guy who must be the buyer Cassian wants to meet with. He doesn't say much, but the scene did leave me very intrigued about who he is and what he's after.

This episode definitely left me looking forward to the next. I'm excited to see what we find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment