Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Eyewitness Review: Episode 10: "Mother's Day"

From the very beginning of this episode, I felt so much relief because Helen had finally realized that Ryan was the murderer and was chasing after him. While the episode still managed to hold onto the tension, I felt more at ease knowing that the truth was out than I had over the last couple of episodes.

Philip's mother was one character whose life I never worried about, so seeing her get killed was quite a shock. I'm pretty upset about it, and I'm not sure how I feel about the ending that creates. It's great that Philip gets to stay with Helen and Gabe forever, but I kind of got the sense that this was to create a happy ending, which made the murder of Philip's mom feel even crueler.

Other than that though, I liked the ending that we got in this episode, especially with Philip and Luka's relationship. At this point in time, we don't know if the show is getting renewed, and to be quite honest, I'm not sure that I want it to be. This episode felt like an end, and I fail to see how they can extend the show beyond this point in a way that would be good. I think continuing with the show would force it to become something it originally wasn't, and I think that will only hurt it. I'm much happier having a concrete ending that feels like it's where it's supposed to end. That's what this episode should be.

No comments:

Post a Comment