Wednesday, January 25, 2023

How I Met Your Father Review: 2x01 "Cool and Chill"

I'll be honest with you, I almost didn't realize that How I Met Your Father's season two started this week. It was by chance that I saw (or heard) and ad for it while listening to Spotify. I definitely would have realized eventually though.

While I did enjoy season one well enough, I wasn't eagerly awaiting season two, but I am invested enough that I'm going to keep watching until the end, whenever that may be.

The episode starts off with Sophie agreeing to go on a date with Ian, but she lies to him that she has nothing going on romantically, which goes disastrously wrong. By the end of the episode, Ian has left, and it seems like he might not be coming back. At least not any time soon. I am curious about that. It feels like a let down to have him show up at the end of the last season as a cliffhanger and then immediately have him gone after the first episode. But I guess we'll see.

Drew also shows up at the bar, and he is by far the funniest character in this episode I think. I'm curious how much he'll be around this season.

Most of the episode takes place at Sid's bar where they're throwing a wedding party for Sid and Hannah. The newlyweds are absolutely adorable in this episode. I'm scared of potential drama coming up for them later, but I've started hoping that they're the series Lily and Marshall and will be fine.

At the end of the episode, we get a flash forward to later in the season. Sophie is frantically calling her mom saying that she thinks she was on a date with her dad, and she winds up hitting Barney's car. We got a Robin cameo last season, but I really wasn't expecting that. I've seen speculation of Barney being Sophie's dad, and I could see it. (Though it means she wasn't actually on a date with her dad, which would be a good thing.)

I'm really curious to see how that will play out. That's probably what I'm most interested in seeing at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment