Saturday, May 14, 2011

International Barbeque Festival

I didn't post as much this week as I was expecting.  It was mainly because I kept forgetting.  After being busy for so long it was hard to remind myself to blog.  Hopefully I'll get back into the swing of things soon. 

This post is going to be short because I'm over at my grandma's.  Some family is visiting from Florida and my sister, cousin, and I are also over to spend time with them.

We went to the International Barbeque Festival that's hosted near where I live yesterday and had a blast.  I even got this magnetic pendant that you can change.  I got two and each are Harry Potter themed.  Shocking.  We were planning to go back today, but it started raining.  It kind of sucks because my best friend was there today, and I was going to get to see her.  She moved and switched schools this year, so we don't see each other often.

Earlier today we where at my cousin Michael's tenth birthday party.  I always enjoy spending time with family.  My younger cousins (I'm the oldest on this side of the family) are awesome and just about as nerdy as I am.  Just so you know the types of things we talk about, we had an awesome discussion about the Trojan War today, and my young (eight to fourteen, I think) cousins knew what they were talking about.  I also like talking to my grandma, aunts, and uncles.  I think I get along with adults a lot better than most people my age.

After the party we just came back to my grandma's and talked and stuff.  Obviously I'm on the computer typing this post right now.  Some of the others have cards out.  They're playing Phase 10, which I know nothing about.  There's definitely some competitiveness happening.

Haley

1 comment:

  1. Harry Potter themed pendants is my kind of thing. Sounds awesome. I hope you had a great time at the barbeque.

    I'm a new GFC follower btw! ;)
    Kind regards,
    I Heart Reading

    ReplyDelete