Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Teaser Tuesdays - Brave New World by Aldous Huxley

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly meme hosted by Should Be Reading.  Here's what you do:

•Grab your current read

•Open to a random page
•Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
•BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
•Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

I'm trying to get a ton of books read right now, but I decided to share a teaser from one of the summer reading books I'm reading for school.  Brave New World really creeps me out, but I'm finding it really interesting, even if the future it's set in is a little (or a lot) scary.  Here it is:

"Outside, in the garden, it was playtime.  Naked in the warm June sunshine, six or seven hundred little boys and girls were running with shrill yells over the lawns, or playing ball games, or squatting silently in twos and threes among the flowering shrubs." - Page 43 of Brave New World by Aldous Huxley

2 comments:

  1. An oldie but a goodie! Great teaser. I love your blog header.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never read this one, but it's on my book bucket list. Sounds innocuous in this instance, but I know it's ultimately very crazy. Great teaser!

    If you'd like, you can check out mine here.

    ReplyDelete