Thursday, May 19, 2011

Book Review: The Sacred Oath by D.C. Grace


The Sacred OathISBN:  0984452133
Release date:  August 13th, 2010 (first published July 14th, 2010)
Publisher:  Gypsy Shadow Publishing Company
Read from April 7th to 26th, 2011
Synopsis from Goodreads:
Some promises are to die for… Angelina has spent her whole life thinking she was a witch like her mother. But when her family leaves the dusty reservation roads of New Mexico for the forested hills of Wisconsin, all that changes. Dasan Tallchief, Alpha of The Guardians of the Sacred Oath, walks into Angelina's life. Suddenly, her head is full of native drumbeats and mysterious voices that pull her toward him. And the closer they become, the more they discover that her talents with witchcraft are just the tip of the iceberg. Soon everything Angelina has ever known about her life seems to be a lie. All of the answers surround the Book of Raziel, and as the truth is revealed, Dasan becomes the only link that can keep Angelina from being trapped in her own mind, forever.
Review:


Overall, I enjoyed this book. However, I also have some serious problems with it. I love werewolves and witches, and I thought incorporating angels into the plot was a neat idea. The problem was that it was very confusing. I think all of it should have been explained better. Most of the time I didn't understand why certain things were happening. Sometimes, it's supposed to be like that of course, but there wasn't really a good explanation of anything at any point in the book. At the end, I just felt confused or as if I had missed something.

I also found tons of grammar mistakes in this book. On the back cover, the main character's name is even misspelled once. That was really distracting.

I did enjoy the book. I just felt like everything could have been explained better. (And whoever edited it didn't do such a great job.)

No comments:

Post a Comment