Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Book Review: Reckless Magic by Rachel Higginson

ISBN: 2940011343339
Published: March 15th, 2011
Publisher: Smashwords/self-published
Read from January 20th to March 31st, 2012
Synopsis from Goodreads:
16 year old Eden Matthews has been in and out of private schools for the last two years. Kingsley is her last chance to finish high school and she is determined to simply do that. But when she meets Kiran Kendrick and her world opens to something she thought only existed in fairy tales, she's unsure what her future will hold. Suddenly she is captivated by a boy who seems to be the source of all of her problems and struggling to rescue her best friend from a foreign prison. When attempts are made on Kiran's life, Eden alone must save him. Thrust into a world that is more make-believe than reality, Eden has to find her own destiny without losing those she loves most. Reckless is an intricate story of mystery, adventure, magic and love. Eden Matthews is an unlikely heroine set on a path to save the world and her loved ones before its too late.


Review:


I absolutely loved this book!  I know the fact that it's self-published will make some people a bit cautious about reading it, but I think you should give it a chance anyway.  I fell in love with it, and I plan on buying the others in the series as soon as possible.  The only reason it took me two months to read was because I only had it on my computer, and that made it difficult to find time to read.  Whenever I did get time to read it, I ended up reading way longer than I should have and a couple of times I ended up staying up later than I should have because I couldn't stop reading.  This is the first time I've ever considered buying an e-reader because I want to read the rest of the series in a more convenient way, so I may wait to get the rest of the series after buying one.  Hopefully, that's soon though because after reading Reckless Magic, I want to read the second one immediately!


I find the plot really intriguing, and I can't wait to see where it goes in the rest of the series.  I loved the world and magic in the books.  I don't think I've ever read anything like it before.  I also enjoyed all of the characters.  They're all very interesting characters, and I can't wait to see what happens to them in the rest of the series.


Reckless Magic was the best book I've read in a while, and I am most definitely looking forward to the rest of the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment