Monday, December 29, 2014

Movie Review: Arthur Christmas

Rated PG
Theatrical release: November 23rd, 2011
DVD release: November 6th, 2012
Synopsis from Rotten Tomatoes:
The 3D, CG-animated family comedy Arthur Christmas, an Aardman production for Sony Pictures Animation, at last reveals the incredible, never-before seen answer to every child's question: 'So how does Santa deliver all those presents in one night?' The answer: Santa's exhilarating, ultra-high-tech operation hidden beneath the North Pole. But at the heart of the film is a story with the ingredients of a Christmas classic - a family in a state of comic dysfunction and an unlikely hero, Arthur, with an urgent mission that must be completed before Christmas morning dawns. -- (C) Sony Pictures

Review:

I know Christmas has already passed, so it seems rather useless to be reviewing a Christmas movie now. Still, I discovered the movie that may quite well be my new favorite Christmas movie of all time (or, at the very least, have tied with The Grinch and The Santa Clause). This has been a long time coming too because I've wanted to see Arthur Christmas ever since it was first released, but it just never happened. When I saw that ABC Family was showing it as part of their 25 Days of Christmas, I was excited to finally get to see it, but I definitely wasn't expecting to be as in love with it as I was.

There's just something about the humor in the film that is pretty much perfect as far as I'm concerned. I've pretty much been pushing it on everyone as much as I can since watching it, and Grand Santa is probably my favorite version of Santa Claus that has ever existed. There's not much to say about it other than that.

It may be late in the season now to be watching Christmas movies, but I'm going to recommend this one anyway. Personally, I still think it would be awesome to watch it. I'd probably watch the movie year-round, but I at least recommend checking it out when next Christmas comes around.

No comments:

Post a Comment