Sunday, October 4, 2015

Naruto Shippuden Review: Episodes 266-270

Did it really take me more than a month to get through another five episodes? I know my life has been taken over by school at the expense of just about everything else, but I think Naruto's suffering the most. Technically, five episode in a month means about one episode a week, but it feels like I'm watching it less often then that. It's really not that much less than I'm typically able to go through them, but after the summer, it feels slower to me.

I don't think it's helped by the fact that I'm feeling more into the show again.After that last stretch of filler, I'm into these episodes a lot more, and I want to be watching Naruto all the time, even though I'm not.

But onto what actually happens in these episodes...

Hinata was in a couple of these episodes! Yay! I don't have much to say about that really except she's one of my favorite characters, and I just get excited to see her whenever she appears. To be honest, I get excited every time we get to see some of the younger characters fighting. If I stop to think about it, it's terrible that they're fighting in a war when so young, but getting to see how they've grown and how capable each of them are is incredibly exciting.

Every time I see Gaara standing up as leader in front of everyone, I get a tad bit emotional. I'm not gonna lie. But he's one of my favorite characters, and it's just really awesome to see. I'm also excited to see how it plays out with his dad who's been brought back to "life." I forgot that had even happened until I looked back at my notes since the next few episodes afterwards don't address it again. I'm really excited about that.

It got very briefly addressed that to a lot of the people being brought back to life, they're in the future. I thought that was interesting, and it wasn't a way I was thinking of it before it was mentioned. That would be something neat to explore, although I doubt the show will. Even if they did, it might not fit in with the story, but I thought it was a cool thing to think about.

There's also the Naruto edition of the Marauder's Map in episode 267. That's the only way I'm going to be able to think of it.

The idea of Kinkaku and Ginkaku having absorbed some of the Nine-Tail's chakra was also an interesting one and something new. What really got me excited for that storyline though was the Ino-Shika-Cho part. I'm not sure how long it's actually been since the three of them fought together, but it feels like it's been a long time. And that was another instance where seeing the younger characters fight felt awesome.

I'm really excited for the next episodes. I'm really hoping the story goes back to Gaara soon because I'm excited to see what happens there more than anything at the moment I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment