Saturday, October 1, 2016

Life Post: Harry Potter Fanfic and Autumn Weather

This is another one of these posts where I don't feel like I have much to say, but I want to keep the blog updated. Student teaching is keeping me very busy as well as some other stuff that I'm going to stay quiet about for now.

Once again, I'm going to talk more about my writing than anything else I think. So, I've mentioned in several different places online that I began writing a Harry Potter fanfiction after reading Cursed Child because I was "inspired" by the play that I didn't much enjoy. Well, I've written a small fraction of the scenes in my current outline for that fanfiction, and I already have more than 40,000 words written. If I keep going that way, this fanfiction could become massive. I'm talking possibly the longest thing I've ever written, so that's...somewhat intimidating to be honest. But I'm also really excited about this fic and think I could end up being quite proud of it. We'll see how it goes. Considering the potential length, it could be quite a while before anyone's reading it.

In other news, it finally feels like autumn here, which is amazing most of the time, but it's not quite as fun in the mornings when I'd much rather it was warmer. Still, I'm appreciating it not being so hot the past few days, and I'm hoping it stays like this (without getting hotter or colder) for a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment