Sunday, February 5, 2017

Book Review: Legend of Korra Book 1: Air: The Art of the Animated Series by Mike Dante DiMartino, Bryan Konietzko, and Dave Marshall

ISBN: 1616551682
Published: July 17th, 2013
Publisher: Dark Horse Books
Received: Christmas/bought
Read from January 23rd to 27th, 2017
Synopsis from Goodreads:
Return to the world of Avatar!
This handsome hardcover contains hundreds of pieces of never-before-seen artwork created during the development of Season 1 of The Legend of Korra. With captions from Mike and Bryan throughout, this is an intimate look inside the creative process that brought the mystical world of bending and a new generation of heroes to life!
* Captions by creators Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko!
* Follow-up to smash hit animated series Avatar: The Last Airbender!
* Never-before-seen artwork! 
Review:

I loved this book as much as I loved the Avatar one. I love that, with Korra, they did one book for each season. That allows them to focus more on each episode instead of having to broadly encompass the entire show within one book.

While I love the art in The Last Airbender, the art in Korra is a whole new level, and it's some of my favorite art ever. When watching Korra I've always focused way too much on the background paintings, so I love having so many of those paintings in this book. They're gorgeous.

This is another book that I would highly recommend to Avatar fans. Not only is it great for learning about the process of creating the first season of Korra, but it's just pretty to look at.

No comments:

Post a Comment