Thursday, February 2, 2017

Incorporated Review: 1x08 "Operational Realignment"

I've been staring at the screen for trying to figure out how to start this review because the first thing I want to talk about is Theo, but I don't know what I want to say. I just upset with that storyline, and I don't think I have anything else to say about it as of right now. It's hard to put what I'm thinking into words.

Watching Ben lead Spiga directly to the evidence that proves he's the killer also made this episode a frustrating one, though in a very different way. It was one of those situations where I wanted to explain to the characters (or just Ben in this case) what's going on. I liked the way he blackmailed Hendrick because he knew that he might not bring him back. I also liked seeing how conflicted Hendrick was as he wants to protect his daughter.

(Also, did I miss something about Hendrick's wife? Because there wasn't a wife in this episode, but considering how strict Spiga is about reproduction, it feels like there should be. Is there a story there, something I forgot from an earlier episode, or is she just not a concern for him like his daughter is?)

Laura's storyline was the highlight of the episode for me. I like the fact that she seems to be finding herself over the course of this season, which isn't what any of the other characters' storylines really revolve around.

I also wasn't expecting her new "boss" to have a connection to Julian, and I'm wondering how that will come into play in the future. There's no way that it won't somehow.

As for future episodes, at this point I'm hoping for a turn around with Theo's story, but I'm worried there won't be one. I think that's my biggest concern at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment