Sunday, February 5, 2017

Which Deathly Hallow Would You Choose?

If the Deathly Hallows were real and you had the opportunity to own just one of them, which would you choose?

For me, it would be the Cloak hands down. I feel like that's the most "acceptable" answer though, so I feel the need to argue that it really is what I would choose for myself and not something I'm just saying.

The wand is extremely violent, and all of its past owners have ended up dead. Maybe I could keep my possession of the wand quiet, but I'd rather not be involved in that mess at all. I'd be good with my own 'normal' wand. I'm sure it would work just fine. There's nothing I'd want to do that would require the Elder Wand.

As for the Stone, I don't think I have any desire to bring back the dead. In fact, it sounds rather terrifying. The story of the brother hanging himself over it scares me off, but even without it, I don't think I'd go for it. Maybe I'd feel differently if I'd interacted with ghosts in the wizarding world, but I doubt it. The Stone feels different than that.

The Cloak is appealing. It would be neat to become invisible every now and then, and it doesn't seem to have any negative consequences unless you get yourself into something you shouldn't while invisible. Since I don't plan on doing anything particularly dangerous with the Cloak, I think I'd be safe. While I'd be sure to be careful with it, I think it would be a lot of fun. Far more fun than the other two Deathly Hallows at any rate.

Which of the Deathly Hallows would you choose and why?

No comments:

Post a Comment