Monday, February 14, 2022

Star Trek: Discovery 4x08 "All In" Review

Discovery is back! I had a busy day on Thursday, and knowing that I could watch the episode once I finished everything else really drove me to get work done.

The president is mad at both the admiral and Michael, especially since Book and Tarka seem to have used the admiral's code. I can't blame her.

Michael takes Owosekun with her to talk to a broker who she knows from when she was a courier. Ostensibly, they're going to get a star map, but she also asks about the isolynium that Book and Tarka need.

Of course, Book and Tarka end up having gone to the same broker. I wasn't expecting them to run into each other so quickly, but I enjoyed Michael and Book's dynamics in this episode. She can't do anything because she's not in Federation space, yet he's right there. It greated great tension.

The two groups end up in a competition to both win the isolynium that they need. Book and Tarka try to find a cheater while Michael and Owosekun hustle some guys in a fight. The fight scene in particular was quite a fun one that I really enjoyed.

Both pairs pay their price at the same time after Book and Michael help each other. I understand Book helping Michael since she was being physically attacked, but I am curious about Michael helping Book considering what was on the line.

At the end of the episode, we find out that Michael placed a tracker on the isolynium. I did think she was acting a little odd in that scene when touching the isolynium, so I wasn't surprised.  It gets me excited for what happens next in terms of stopping Book and Tarka.

It turns out that the unknown species is using the DMA as a mining tool. They're really building up this species and what they're capable of. I'm hoping we're not let down when we finally meet them. I'm not sure if I'm excited or just terrified thinking about what will happen.

The entire episode focused on the same story except for one scene between Culber and Stamets. I feel bad for laughing when Culber snapped at the robot to stop cleaning because he was doing it himself. It was a sweet scene between the two of them, and it makes sense considering that they've been building up to that for a while. But it did feel a little odd in the episode as it was the only scene not directly about the other storyline.

Overall, I loved the episode though, and I'm so happy that Discovery is back!

No comments:

Post a Comment