Friday, February 25, 2022

How I Met Your Father 1x06 "Stacy" Review

Sid's fiancée Hannah arrives in New York. Considering how busy she would be, she's traveled to New York twice in quite a short number of episodes. Hannah's only there for a few seconds before she accidentally calls Sophie by the name Stacy, who's apparently Drew's ex. The atmosphere here is weird because the way it happens made me think Hannah had done it on purpose, but that doesn't seem to be the case. It's weird, but it serves the purpose of Sophie getting paranoid about Drew's ex.

Sophie and Drew end up joining Sid and Hannah on a couples' getaway. Sophie almost ruins the whole thing because of her jealousy over Stacy, but she and Drew make up in the end. It's a pretty standard storyline, and I don't feel like I have much to say about it.

Jesse gets a girlfriend in this episode, but it turns out that she slept with Ellen the night before she met Jesse. I don't think we'll be seeing her again, and I'm okay with that.

Valentina and Charlie had the most interesting storyline in this episode. Valentina finds out that Charlie has moved to countries for girls multiple times, but he insists that this time it's different. The episode ends with them saying, "I love you." While I found this to be the most interesting part of the episode, I'm not sure how much I believe it's really different considering how quickly their relationship has progressed. Though I do feel like they're going to be together for a long time on the show because that just seems to be where things are headed.

Sid and Hannah also have conflict in this episode as Hannah gets mad at Sid for always making decisions without her. Just like everyone else, they make up before the end of the episode.

Sid and Sophie have a bit of an unexpected heart-to-heart in this episode. I think that's the most they've communicated one-on-one on the show. Despite Jesse seeming like the "obvious" choice for the father, I haven't stopped being suspicious that the show might do something else, so I am watching every interaction between Sid and Sophie for possible hints that it's Sid who's the father. I could definitely see it from that one scene.

But, of course, it's probably going to be a long time before we actually know anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment