Saturday, October 23, 2010

Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial

We spent this morning at the Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial.  It's where Abraham Lincoln lived when he was growing up in Indiana.  We saw the place where their cabin used to stand and Lincoln's mom's grave.  It was cool.  Since we live so close, I'd been there before, but it was a long time ago, so I didn't really remember it that much.

Afterwards, we went over to this place called Buffalo Run.  They have buffalos, but we didn't see any because they'd gone into the forest.  They also have a cabin there that Abraham Lincoln had been in.  We ate there, and I had buffalo meat for the first time in my life.  It pretty much tasted like beef to me.  I guess there was a little bit of a different taste to it but not much.

Days Until:

The Last Airbender DVD: 23
Deathly Hallow Part 1 Movie: 26
LeakyCon 2011: 262
Deathly Hallows Part 2 Movie: 264
Breaking Dawn Movie: 399

Haley

1 comment:

  1. Haley - I'm with the local Visitors Bureau and just read your post! I'm glad you had a good time in Lincoln's Indiana Boyhood Home recently!

    ReplyDelete