Thursday, May 5, 2016

Life Post: The Fourth Year of College Comes to an End

I'm writing this post the morning of my last final. Yep. After today I'm done. So many people I know and started college with are graduating at the end of the week, and then there's me preparing for another semester. So, there's that... Really, I'm sadder about certain people being gone than I am about having to complete an extra semester at this point.

Actually, it's a bit hard to be annoyed that I have to go another semester when that semester is student teaching. I'm just focused on preparing for student teaching itself. Yep, I'm preparing already. Yesterday I went to the school for the first time and met some people, including my mentor teacher. I got the curriculum we'll be using. And, guys, it was awesome. I don't want to speak too soon, but I feel pretty confident that I'm going to enjoy it there. (We're going to read To Kill a Mockingbird, guys. If I could have chosen one book to teach during student teaching, that would have been it.)

Needless to say, it's feeling difficult to focus on my last final. My other finals are out of the way and seemed to go well. I'm feeling good about them. I'm also feeling good about this one. The test isn't something I'm stressed out about, which is good when I'm far more interested in brainstorming lesson ideas for next semester than studying for long periods of time. (But I promise that I have, in fact, studied for this test.)

What I'm really not looking forward to is moving out of my dorm and then the long trip home afterward. Knowing I have to do that today has me far more stressed out than the test. I'm sure it will go well though. At the very least, it'll be over by the end of today, so there's that.

Over on my writing blog, I've posted a piece of flash fiction about fanfiction. Over on Youtube, I posted a vlog.

While it's not on my own Youtube channel, I have to mention Shadowhunters Positivity, a channel that was created to talk about all of the wonderful things about the Shadowhunters TV show. It was pretty much made in response to the negative response the show got from a lot of big Booktubers. Other fans wanted to share what they love about the show instead of letting the negative talk permeate.

I think the idea is brilliant, so of course, I made a video for the channel. You can find my Shadowhunters TV tag over there. I hope you don't just check out my video though. The channel as a whole really is an incredible idea, so I hope people subscribe and watch it all. Plus, you can totally submit your own videos if you want to talk about Shadowhunters. There's more information about how to do that over there and on the Tumblr.

No comments:

Post a Comment