Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Book Review: The Accidental Movie Star by Emily Evans

ISBN: 1477582312
Published: May 31st, 2012
Publisher: self-published
Read from October 25th to 29th, 2013
Synopsis from Goodreads:
How did Ashley spend her summer vacation? Imagine the hottest guy in Hollywood. Do you see the girl next to him, the one handing him a cup of coffee? Yeah. That’s her.
Interning on a major motion picture is not all bad. She gets to watch some of the scenes and even offer her opinion. “That kiss looked lame. Laughably weak. There’s no chance at an MTV award with that kiss.” LOL.
Until the director says, “Hey, Intern. Yeah, you. Ashley. You’re right. So, teach Caspian how to kiss. Oh, and get in front of the camera. We're going to need you in this next shot."
OMG.
Review:

I thought this book was really cute. It wasn't the greatest or most entertaining book by any stretch of the imagination, but I did enjoy it in many ways. The only plot the book really has is Caspian and Ashley's relationship, and it's pretty clear how that's going to go from the beginning. While it's not suspenseful and a book that will hook you in and make you incapable of putting it down, it is still fun enough that I enjoyed reading it and enjoyed the story.

I'm not very knowledgeable of the film industry, but from some of the stuff I do know, I'm not really sure a lot of the stuff in the book is realistic. Some of the stuff was, I'm sure, but there were a lot of things that just did not seem like how they would really happen in Hollywood. Still, since this is more of a book that you read because it's cute and fun, that didn't really bother me much.

Overall, I'd recommend this book to anyone who likes cute, fun romance stories. There's not much going on plotwise, but I thought it was an enjoyable book.

No comments:

Post a Comment