Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Andor 1x04 "Aldhani" Review

This episode feels like the point where we're really getting into the main conflict of the series (or at least this season), and I'm looking forward to seeing how it goes. Specifically, Luthen tells Cassian that they're goal is to steal the payroll for an entire imperial sector, and it seems like working with a group on that project is the story.

Before they part ways, Luthen gives Cassian a kyber crystal, and it's implied that the crystal is important to Luthen. I'm assuming that's going to come back up later in the story. This episode definitely made me more fascinated about Luthen as a character. Other than Cassian, I think he's who I'm most curious about at the moment.

Because of Syril's actions, the Marlana system is put under imperial control instead of the corporation's. While this is obviously bad, the corporation didn't seem any better, and it was satisfying to see Syril laid into like he was. I'm guessing the whole thing will make him incredibly bitter, but I am curious what will come next for him since he doesn't seem to have much authority over anything at this point. But I'm assuming he will play a major role.

Cassian meets the group who he's supposed to work with, but we don't learn much about any of them. We see the most of Vel, but her story is still pretty shrouded in mystery. I'm curious about her and the others. Mostly, I want to know how the group came together and how long they've known each other. I also hope all the group members get fleshed out more in the future.

We also meet an Imperial woman (I'm not entirely clear on what her job title is) who believes that the Starpath unit that Cassian had was stolen from the sector that she is supposed to be monitoring. She believes she has the signs of an organized rebellion. With Syril being seemingly demoted, I wonder if she'll take over as an important villain from this point on or what exactly will happen there.

Luthen's backstory gets a bit more fleshed out. We learn that he owns a store on Coruscant and seems to work under the radar. It's not something I was expecting, but looking back on it, it makes a lot of sense considering what we knew about him before. I continue to think that he's the most interesting character we've met.

He also has connections to a senator who seems to be having a lot of tension with her husband. I'm very curious about her as well and am looking forward to learning more.

This episode feels very different. We meet a lot of new characters and leave behind many of those that were in the first three. I'm curious to see what comes next.

No comments:

Post a Comment