Monday, October 10, 2022

Andor 1x05 "The Axe Forgets" Review

This episode felt a little slower than the ones before it. We got a lot of build up, but for the most part, I just wanted to know what's going to happen next.

Syril is back at home with his mother, who manages to be a much more interesting character in this one episode than Syril has been in the first five. I'm not sure how I feel about Syril or his storyline yet. I'm not very interested in it, and I keep hoping that will change, but it doesn't really.

Meanwhile, Cassian finds out that one member of the group investigated his things without him knowing. There's a bit about the tattoos the guy had and Cassian knowing what they mean when the others didn't. I'm curious whether that's going to come into play later or if it was just as Easter egg.

We do learn a bit about a couple of the group members in this episode, including one of them who is writing a manifesto. The tattoo guy makes a joke about how manifesto guy (I'm sorry, but I can't keep their names straight) sees repression everywhere. I find that interesting considering what the whole group of them is going. You'd think they'd be more sympathetic to manifesto guy even if he's especially enthusiastic about philosophical ideas.

It turns out that the senator woman on Coruscant also has a daughter. Just like her husband, she seems to have a lot of tension with her daughter. I'm very curious about this because it seems like the senator is genuinely trying to do the right thing, so I'm curious how things got to where they are with her family. But I also like to see a character who seems good overall also have problems with their family instead of things being easy for them on that front.

Towards the end of the episode, Cassian tells the group that he's being paid. They all decide to work with him anyway. It seems like we're going to get the real action next episode, so I'm excited to see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment