Wednesday, September 16, 2009

New Blog Title

The poll to choose the title of this blog has closed, and Been There, Read That won! Yay!

Nothing has really happened this past few days. Sadly, the highlight of the past two days for me was Twilight (Well, Catherine Hardwick really, but still), Dan Radcliffe, and Emma Watson all making it in the Guinness Book of World Records! There was also confirmation on the rides that are going to be in the Harry Potter theme park in Universal Studios! It sounds so fun, and I can not wait to go!

I have to give a persuasive speech tomorrow in speech class! I'm nervous, but no were near as nervous as I was at the beginning of speech class which is the point of the class I guess. The speech is why everyone should pay attention to the news and know what's going on in the world. It really annoys me how many kids there are at school who don't have any clue what's going on or anything about other cultures. A few weeks ago, a boy in my class got in huge trouble for making a racist comment in class. I just really don't like ignorant people. Anyway, I always have trouble getting in the time limit for my speeches. There always to short when I practice, but some how it's okay when I give my actual speech. This time I was doing the same thing, but managed to get a good time the last time I practiced! Let's hope I can do that practicing today, and again tomorrow when I give my actual speech!

As you can probably tell by the new title of this blog, I love to read. I'm reading The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen right now, and I think I'll post a review when I'm done. I'm not sure when that will be though. If it was the summer it would only take me a couple days, but I think I've already been reading it for almost a month and I'm only on chapter six! I blame homework. Maybe I'll start posting reviews of every book I read. Who knows.

Haley (hmweasley)

No comments:

Post a Comment