Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Harry Potter Makes My Day

Today was a pretty good day I guess. Nothing really eventful. Funnily enough (although definitely not surprising if you know me), the most exciting thing today would have to be that Harry Potter came up twice today. If you didn't believe when I said I was a nerd last post, I'm sure you do now. The most exciting part of my day was Harry Potter being mentioned twice.

The first HP mention: It came up the first time on Channel One during first block (AP World History). If you don't know what Channel One is, it's a news program geared towards teens that they show each morning at school. Their website is channelone.com if you're interested. Anyway, since it was many kid's first day back, they were showing a review of all the news over the summer. Any Harry Potter fan and even most people who could care less about it know that the sixth movie, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, came out on July 15 this summer. They actually showed clips from the premiere and some people yelling "We love Harry Potter!" (These are automatically really cool people by the way.) It was very awesome even if it was not at all important news compared to other things that happened over the summer.

The second HP mention: The second time was during Obama's speech. (Which, funnily enough, I watched during speech class.) You may have watched it, especially if you're school-aged. He mentioned J.K. Rowling's first Harry Potter book was rejected 12 times before someone (Bloomsbury by the way) decided to publish it. They were small mentions really, but they still made me happy. I knew there was going to be a mention in Obama's speech though, thanks to Leaky. Every Harry Potter fan should check leakynews.com for the latest Harry Potter news. (Mugglenet.com and some other sites are awesome as well.)

Obama's speech: Speaking of Obama's speech, I don't really like Obama, but that's another blog post. I did like the speech though. Everything Obama said about staying in school and getting an education is true. Just thought I'd mention that briefly.

Emma's update on her site: Emma Watson updated her official site (emmawatson.com) saying that she's started college and is enjoying it so far. Even though I know she'll never read this, I just wanted to say that I am very happy for her, and I hope she continues having a great time at school.

HBP DVD: WB released a list of the deleted scenes that would be on the Half-Blood Prince DVD today. There are a few that sound really interesting to me including Harry and Hermione discussing the Maurader's Map and Harry and Hermione discuss Ron at Astronomy Tower. I'm also very excited about the 11 minute 38 second sneak peek there's going to be of the theme park on the DVD. I can't wait until the DVD comes out!

The questions: In the last post, I asked for questions and said I would do a post answering all of them. The only questions I've gotten so far are from my Aunt Kate. I'm going to do that post later and hopefully I can get some more questions. Please ask some questions! And keep sending in suggestions for a title of the blog too.

My fanfic: I don't think anyone who reads this also reads my Avatar fanfic (If you want to, it can be found here: www.fanfiction.net/~hmweasley), but just in case I'll say this here. I know it's been a while since I've updated. I've been busy with school, and writing a chapter takes longer than writing a blog post. Especially now that I'm trying to make the chapters longer. (If you don't read my story, my past chapters have been super short which I have had readers, especially one in particular, tell me they are not happy about it. They said it nicely of course.) Hopefully, I'll have another chapter up soon!

I think that's all for now. This isn't as good as my last update, but I'm happy that I did update and not just forget about the blog. Hopefully, I can keep that up!

Haley (hmweasley)

1 comment:

  1. Okay, for a title:
    Weasley Wannabe
    Haley's Halo
    Wonderfully Weird
    Blondes Are Smart, Too
    Sitting On A Blog
    Life of Hoosier Teen
    Blonde Blogger
    Been There, Read That
    Life is Like a Harry Potter Book
    Everything I Need To Know About Life I Read In A Book
    Wizards and Weirdos
    You Are What You Read

    I'm tapped. Hope these help. Loving your blog. Aunt Kate

    ReplyDelete