Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Life Post: I Got Fingerprinted

These posts still feel difficult to write largely because the bulk of my days aren't able to be written about here. However, today was unique, so I figure I should go ahead and talk about it.

First of all, I forgot my lunch this morning, which was just great on my part. As I was walking out the door, I felt like I was forgetting something, but I'd had the same thought yesterday, which turned out to be nothing. It wasn't until I got to school that I realized that I didn't have my lunch box with me.

What really made today different though was that I had to go to the city-county building to get fingerprinted for an FBI background check. I'm not going to go into the details of what it's for because I don't want to talk about it that much and then have it not happen, but yeah, I got fingerprinted by a fingerprint technician.

The fingerprinting itself didn't have me nervous before, but I was dreading actually getting there. The office closed an hour after school got out, and I had quite a drive to get there. Plus, I knew I'd have to find parking downtown once I got there. I got incredibly lucky as far as parking went because there was one spot right across the street from the building. I hadn't, however, expected to go through a metal detector once I got there. It makes sense now, of course, but I wasn't prepared when I walked in. The building was also quite large, with different wings, and I didn't come in the door closest to the office I needed (because I didn't know where that was). Again luckily, I found it pretty easily.

The actual process of being fingerprinted was interesting although not that exciting. It was kind of cool to watch her roll out the ink on this metal surface before pressing my fingers into it. (I think it keep there from being too much ink on my fingers.) It was all over in about five minutes, and now I'm just a little worried that I accidentally smudged the ink on the way home so that they won't be acceptable anymore. We'll see. I was very careful with it.

It was an interesting experience I'd say. I never thought I'd be fingerprinted by a police officer, but here we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment