Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Or Yet in Wise Old Ravenclaw: My House Identity Crisis Part 2

Four months ago, I took the new Pottermore sorting quiz and got sorted into Slytherin after years of considering myself a Ravenclaw. Not only did I write a post about the following identity crisis, I've brought it up many times since then, still not able to accept that result.

Here we are months later when I should have already dealt with the outcome. I certainly shouldn't feel like I'm in the midst of an identity crisis because of a Hogwarts House, but here we are. It shows how big of a part of my life Harry Potter is that I still don't know what I should label myself, and it continues to bother me.

I've still been labeling myself a Ravenclaw. On all of the websites where I'd listed Ravenclaw in my bio, I've kept it there despite talking quite openly about how I was more recently sorted into Slytherin, making my Pottermore layout green instead of blue.

If it were easy to dismiss the Slytherin result, I wouldn't be this conflicted. However, I get why I would be sorted into Slytherin. I really do. I could make an argument for myself being in any house other than Gryffindor. That's the one that it would have been truly shocking to get.

So, I do get why I got Slytherin, but I still have difficulty believing that I'm more of a Slytherin than I am a Ravenclaw, which is why I've continued to stick with my old house. Plus, I'm just resistant to change much of the time, and this is one of those times. I can't move on from the house that has held my loyalties since high school. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to.

No comments:

Post a Comment