Friday, May 6, 2022

Heartstopper 1x06 "Girls" Review

This episode was an emotional one. I mean, they're all emotional to me because I spend most of the episodes beaming, and happiness is also an emotion, but this one is one of the saddest ones I think. Even after watching it for the fourth time yesterday, this one really gets to me.

Nick starts researching bisexuality in this episode as he learns more about himself. That really touched me. I love the journey he goes on in these episodes. It's really great.

This episode also includes Nick getting lunch with Tara and Darcy and opening up to them about his relationship with Charlie, which was adorable! I love his friendship with both of them a lot.

The lunch with Nick, Tara, and Darcy turns into a triple date. I loved Elle's reaction to finding out that Charlie and Nick are dating. It was so cute! I feel bad for Isaac that he didn't get to come along though. If we get a season two (and oh how I hope we get a season two), then I hope we get to see a bit more of Isaac. I know he's the quiet one, but as someone who was also the quiet one of my friend group growing up, I'd love to see more of him!

Tao being the only one who doesn't know about Nick and Charlie also makes me sad. I can easily imagine how terrible it would be to know that a bunch of other people knew about your best fiend's relationship and you didn't. But it's probably best to talk more about that when I talk about episode seven.

No comments:

Post a Comment