Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Obi-Wan Kenobi Part III Review

I'm back to talk about Part III. A lot happened in this episode, and we finally got to see Darth Vader, which is probably what I was anticipating the most.

At the start of the episode, Obi-Wan tries to meditate and communicate with Qui-Gon, but it doesn't work. I'm wondering if we're going to end up seeing Qui-Gon in a future episode or not because that would certainly be interesting.

Obi-Wan fixed Lola which led to what's probably the cutest moment in the episode.

When they arrive on Mapuzo, Obi-Wan has a vision of Anakin. They take a ride with a bunch of stormtroopers. He mentions seeing her mother's face on Leia, which leads her to realizes that he knew her mom. She talks about trying to imagine her dad. It's a heavy scene.

They're found out, but an imperial officer helps them escape. It turns out that she's part of the "Path," where they help people who are Force-sensitive escape from the Empire, which is something I feel like a lot of interesting stories could come from that.

Eventually, Darth Vader arrives, and engages Obi-Wan. They don't fight that much because Obi-Wan is able to escape, but it definitely increased the tension and made me excited to see what happens next.

The tunnels used in this episode confused me as I'm not quite sure how the imperial woman escaped to go find Obi-Wan without meeting Reva while Reva met Leia. I'm guessing that Reva actually went in from the other side of the tunnel, but I didn't realize that at first and so was very confused by the whole thing.

Overall, I did enjoy this episode, and I'm curious to see what it's building towards next.

No comments:

Post a Comment