Sunday, June 12, 2022

Obi-Wan Kenobi Part IV Review

I'm really enjoying this series so far. I'm impressed with how each episode keeps increasing the tension, and after each episode, I'm incredibly eager to see what happens next.

There's a cool scene towards the beginning of the episode where we go back and forth between both Obi-Wan and Darth Vader in bacta tanks, interspersed with their memories. It's a really great scene.

Tala, Obi-Wan, and some allies head to Vader's system where Leia is being held by Reva. Them breaking into the compound and moving around takes up most of the episode. What got me was the way they're communicating. There's a moment where stormtroopers hear Tala speak to Obi-Wan, but Tala is also there whispering to Obi-Wan when other people are in the room, yet apparently no one can hear her. If it was a loud room, that would make sense, but considering how quiet it was, I don't get how no one heard what they were talking about.

Leia being interrogated and still refusing to tell them anything was heartbreaking. The actress who plays Leia is doing such an amazing job despite how young she is. I'm really impressed.

It turns out that there's also a whole hall of dead Jedi on display in the building, which was incredibly eerie.

Obi-Wan reaches Leia, and the group almost manages to escape. But Reva finds them at the last minute. After a confrontation, they still manage to escape, but when Darth Vader questions Reva, she says that she's managed to put a tracker on their ship.

It turns out that that tracker is Lola, which no one has noticed yet. That hurts my heart because I'm worried that it means Lola will be destroyed for good, and that's going to make my heart break for Leia. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they'll be able to disable the tracker and fix Lola though.

I'm really excited to see what happens next.

No comments:

Post a Comment