Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Vacation Bible School

I haven't done much the past few days except help out at my church's vacation bible school.  It's Egypt themed, and the kids get to meet and talk to "Joseph" every day.  He was in prison on day one, and then gets out on day two and stuff.

I'm an assistant family leader (each group is called a family).  Basically, I just do whatever the group leader needs me to do and help watch the kids.  There's one point were the group splits up and I go with some of them while the group leader goes with the others.

Yesterday though, the group leader wasn't there, so my sister and I ended up having to lead the group together.  It went pretty well considering we weren't entirely sure what we were doing.  It also worked out pretty well considering that it was the only day Regina was able to go down to help out, and they ended up needing her.  I definitely know what it's like to be a substitute teacher now.  The kids were definitely testing Regina and me to see what they could get away with.  They're usually a hyper group when the group leader is there, but it was even worse yesterday.  The kids in our group are really cute and great kids, but it's a handful watching them.

I'm on my second book since my last post.  I read The Debs by Susan McBride.  It was a good book, but not great.  Right not I'm reading Plastic Fantastic by Simon Cheshire.  It's good so far.

Days Until:
My 17th Birthday: 7 (one week!)
First Day of Junior Year: 14 (only two weeks!  Summer went way too quickly!)Mockingjay Book: 26
Deathly Hallow Part 1 Movie: 113
Deathly Hallows Part 2 Movie: 351
Breaking Dawn Movie: 486

Haley

No comments:

Post a Comment