Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Disney Icons

Yep, it's yet another Disney post.  I'm really starting to enjoy these.  I feel like I don't get to talk about Disney enough.  This post is about different Disney icons.  (I don't know if icon's the right word, but I can't think of another one).  There are certain images that you see that always remind you of Disney.  In this post, I'm talking about two of them.

The first is the Mickey head and ears.  It's essentially only three black circles, but I bet it would be hard to find someone who doesn't immediatley think of Disney when they see it.  One of my favorite things about it is that it's hidden in different locations around the Disney parks.  I haven't been to Disney World since I was twelve (at which time I wasn't looking for hidden Mickeys), but when I go back (hopefully kind of soon), I plan to keep an eye out for them.  Also, this isn't the exact same thing, but has anyone else got one of those hats with the Mickey ears from one of the parks?  I think mine from when I was about six or seven is still laying around somewhere.

The other icon I want to talk about is the castle.  You know which one I'm talking about.  Every Disney movie you watch shows a castle before the actual movie.  It's one of the things I think about first when I think of Disney movies.  I decided to look up more about it, mainly to find out which princess' castle it's supposed to be.  From what I read, it's a combination of Sleeping Beauty's castle at Disneyland (and the Hong Kong Disneyland) and Belle's castle at Disney World (and the Tokyo Disneyland).  I like the idea that they combined the two instead of just choosing one of them since everyone's going to have a favorite castle.  (Mine's Belle's since she's my favorite Disney princess, and I've only ever been to Disney World.)

I also love the new castle shown before movies. Even though I'll always be found of how it used to look when I was younger, the new one does look so much cooler. I remember being impressed with it when I saw it the first time.

This whole thing about the castles has made me wonder about something.  Why were Belle and Aurora's castles choosen for all of the parks instead of having a different princess' castle at each park?  I'm going to try and find some stuff about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment