Friday, July 29, 2011

Skyscraper

I guess I've been a Demi Lovato fan since Camp Rock premiered although I've never really considered myself one.  I've listened to some of her music, but I don't own any of her CDs or songs.  When she went to rehab, I followed the story like a lot of other people did.  I felt sorry for her.  She's gone through a lot of hard stuff, and I really admire the fact that she's trying to get better.

A couple of weeks ago I listened to her new single, Skyscraper, and I absolutely love it.  I'd say it's one of the best songs I've heard in a while.  I'm not usually a fan of those types of songs.  I prefer happier, more upbeat songs myself.  Skyscraper's different though, and I think it's the emotion behind it.  Listening to Demi sing that song when you know what she's been going through makes it so much more powerful to me.  I also think her emotions while singing really come through in the song.

I also thought the music video was absolutely amazing.  If you haven't seen it yet, you should watch it.  It's so simple and beautiful.  I've really come to admire Demi for being so strong even though she's gone through so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment