Tuesday, July 19, 2011

My Reaction to Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2

Last Thursday evening I got the opportunity to see Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 early at LeakyCon.  It was four hours before the movie would be released on the east coast.  I loved being able to see the movie in a theater full of Harry Potter fans.  They weren't even normal fans.  These were people who love Harry Potter so much that they came to a Harry Potter conference.  For about fifteen minutes before the movie started, a bunch of people in the theater were singing wizard rock songs.  It was amazing.

My feelings may change after multiple re-watchings and discussions, but as of right now, it's my favorite Harry Potter movie.  I loved how fast everything seemed to go.  It in no way felt like a more than two hour movie.  Plus, it was amazing to finally see the conclusion of the Harry Potter series in movie form.  It was even more amazing to watch it in a theater with people who cheered and cried at moments that non-fans wouldn't have.  (The crying at certain points was incredibly loud.  You can't really blame people, but I'll admit that it was a little distracting.)

There were many things that were completely different from the book, but this is the first movie where I can say that I think a majority of the changes were for the better.  (Although there were still one or two things I would have liked to seen added in or changes that just seemed off.)

I love books, and I'll always prefer them to movies.  Still, there a certain things that always look really cool when seen on-screen, such as epic battle scenes.  The movie didn't match anything that I'd had in my head, but it's interpretation of the books was still amazing and incredibly fun to watch.  I'm going to see it again with my family tomorrow, and I can't wait to see it again.  It's going to be so much fun talking about their reactions to the movie afterwards (only my dad has read the books).

No comments:

Post a Comment