Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Book Review: Werewolves Rule by K.C. Blake

ASIN: B005IDV3OG
Published: August 21st, 2011
Publisher: self-published
Read from April 9th to 15th, 2013
Synopsis from Goodreads:
This is the second of the Rule series. Vampires Rule was the first. This book begins a few months after the first one ended and continues to follow Jack and Silver as they prepare for their battle with head werewolf Jersey Clifford. Jack’s world is falling apart. Silver has told him she needs space, he might not graduate from high school, and he feels incredibly alone. Enter a new threat, a new enemy. The question is does she want Jack dead, or does she just want him?
Review:

At the beginning of this book I wasn't as into it as I had been the first book of the series.  For probably slightly less than half the book I was somewhat bored.  Not enough to not want to read it, but I wasn't exactly excited to pick it up and read either.  Somewhere around the middle though it got a lot better very quickly, and I really enjoyed the ending.

Blanca turns out to be quite the interesting character.  I'm a little weirded out by her to be completely honest.  I was somewhat in the first book, but it just worsened in the second.  Isobel and Ian were both interesting new characters that were introduced.  Isobel grew on me over the course of the book, but even now that I'm on the third book, I still don't know how I feel about Ian.  I didn't really like Isobel's place in the story at first, but I appreciated it a lot more later.

Jack and Silver's relationship got quite frustrating in this book, and that was the main thing that annoyed me for the first half of the book.  It didn't bother me as much during the second half, but it felt a bit repetitive.  After a while I just wanted to yell at them to stop lying to each other.  They'd been through it enough times by then that you'd think they'd have learned.  Still, it got better over the course of the book, and by the end it wasn't as frustrating.

Overall, I thought it was a good book even if it was a bit frustrating at times, and I'm really looking forward to finishing the third book and seeing how everything ends!

1 comment:

  1. You have some awesome review about this book gonna grab this one out

    Arch@Blogging Profit

    ReplyDelete