Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Lots of Writing Talk

It's been a rainy week so far.  I know that's a necessary part of spring, but I'm still hoping it clears up soon.  After I left my umbrella in my parents' car after spring break, my mom gave me a different one, and I learned this week that it's broken and basically useless.  It's made walking around campus the past couple of days a bit of a pain.

Most of my time lately has been taken up by studying, writing papers, and writing/editing non-school stuff.  Finals are the week after next, so things are predictably getting a bit hectic as far as school goes.  Still, I've been in a really great mood as far as writing goes lately, and I've made a lot of progress over the past week or so.  I'm currently writing two fanfictions and one original fiction.  I'm almost done with the first edit of one of the fanfictions, and afterwards I'm going to let it sit for at least a couple of weeks before I go through and edit it again.  Hopefully it'll be online sometime in June.  The other fanfic is turning out a bit longer than I originally planned.  I have no idea how long it'll take me to get the first draft done let alone redrafting and editing.

As far as the original work goes, I should be about halfway done with the first draft, and I'm really happy with how it's going so far.  Some things are turning out way different than I had planned with the outline, but I think it's a good thing.  We'll have to see how I feel after the draft is finished.  It's also a bit difficult to tell because I'm planning on it being a series, so I may have to change the outline of the future books too depending on how much more it ends up changing.  I'm really excited about it though because the basic idea of this story has been developing since I was in eighth grade and had to write a short story for English.  It's become much, much different than that story was, but the basic idea of it is still the same.

As you can probably tell by this post, writing has basically taken over my life recently.  It's always a big part of my life, even though I never really talk about it online, but lately it's been even more so.  Other than some reading and school work, it's seriously all I've been doing lately.  I haven't even been on Tumblr in days, and that's an incredible accomplishment as far as I'm concerned.  I think I've kind of set a schedule that involves writing more than I used to, so hopefully I'll stick to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment