Friday, April 12, 2013

Vampires Rule by K.C. Blake

ASIN: B004YZB8XU
Published: April 14th, 2011
Publisher: self-published
Read from March 29th to April 4th, 2013
Synopsis from Goodreads:

They don't call him Jackpot for nothing.
Jack has always beat the odds... at least until now. When he was attacked by a werewolf, vampires saved him. When he got tired of living the vampire life, another werewolf attack freed him, making him human again. Now Jack just wants to live a normal life, but what's normal about a hunter girlfriend, a brother who wants to stake him to be on the safe side, and a head werewolf building an army to rule the world?
Review:

I've read K.C. Blake's Witch-Game series, and I really loved those books.  That's why I decided to read this series, even though I wasn't sure how I would feel about it.  I'm kind of burned out on vampire books, and I haven't even read that many.  I don't even really understand myself because I'm not a big fan of vampires, but I still feel like I end up reading a decent amount of them just because of how many there are.  I'm getting more and more tired of them though.

That being said, I did enjoy this book.  The vampires are more-or-less stereotypical vampires as far as I can tell from the first book, but I was really interested in how werewolves are portrayed (and I'm a bigger fan of werewolves anyway).  It's also interesting how the author mentions fairies, since I haven't read many books that mention them at all.  I'm actually in the middle of the second book right now, and the mythology of the series is getting even more interesting.  I don't want to write any spoilers though.

Overall I did enjoy this book, although I did have a few small problems with it.  I'm not a huge fan of the romance aspect of the book.  I don't know why exactly.  It just doesn't really draw me in.  I find Jack's relationship with his brother Billy really interesting though.  And the mythology and history of the series is really intriguing to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment