Sunday, June 9, 2013

Top Ten Hilarious Book Titles

This post came from Top Ten Tuesday, a meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish.  I'm going through all the old topics, but I'm posting them whenever I feel like instead of on Tuesdays.  (I'm also sometimes doing them in video form on my Youtube channel.)

I'm going to be completely honest:  I can't really think of many of these.  Not many of my books really have hilarious titles.  At least, I don't think so.  The other Top Ten Tuesday posts for this particular topic have some really good ones, but I can't really think of many.  For that reason, I'm just going to leave you with the only one I could think of off the top of my head:

Walter the Farting Dog by William Kotzwinkle.  The only reason I know about this book is because my family owns it somewhere.  It was a Christmas gift from someone in the family (and I think they gave it to each family in our extended family), but it was so many years ago that I can't remember who exactly.  If you knew my family at all though, you'd understand why a book about a farting dog would go over so well as a Christmas present, even amongst the adults.  I also discovered just now while looking up the author's name that there's actually a whole series.  It is a really cute book though.  I think most people would get enjoyment out of it.  It's both funny and sweet.

I wish I had more funny titles to share.  I know I've seen some in the past.  It's just that none of them are coming to mind.  I feel like I could find some if I looked through my old childhood books, but most of those are either gone or buried in my brother's room somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment