Monday, June 24, 2013

Weddings

Even though my weekends have been busy lately and will continue to be so for at least the next couple of weeks, my actual weeks are full of nothing but writing.  It feels good though.  I'm really happy with the amount of writing I've been getting done lately.

I also realized that I never really blogged or anything about my cousin Cassie's wedding, although I did post things about it on Twitter, Instagram, and Vine.  It was a nice wedding though.  I was surprised at how small it is.  Cassie is my cousin on my mom's side of the family, and our family is huge.  The wedding was at Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial, and we didn't even fill up the small chapel.  It's not like my family just didn't show up.  I think a good portion of the family was actually there, but it's basically impossible to get my entire family together because people are always busy, especially the ones that live far away.  Still, it was nice, and Cassie and Chris also announced that they're having a baby boy (their second child) at the reception, so that's exciting!  Considering Valory is just about the most adorable child I've ever met, I'm assuming the new baby will be just as adorable.

Several of my little cousins were there who I hadn't seen in a while, and they're all getting so big!  My little cousins are basically constant reminders about how old I'm getting.

My cousin Eddie is getting married next weekend too, and I'm really looking forward to it!  We're staying at a hotel since he's getting married a couple of hours away in Kentucky, so it should be exciting.  His fiancee Kim is really great.  I've met her several times, and she's incredibly sweet and nice.  We even sat by them and talked to them at Cassie and Chris' reception.  (Chris is also awesome, by the way.  He can be pretty hilarious, and he's been really nice every time I've met him.  I'm really happy to have both of them in the family now/soon.)

No comments:

Post a Comment