Saturday, November 15, 2014

Life Post: Writing Stuff Like Always. Plus, Ello and Mockingjay

I didn't blog for nearly a week before the book review earlier today. I can't even remember the last time that happened. I've seriously been writing or editing during every single free moment I have lately. It's not just this blog, but pretty much everything but school work has taken a back seat to writing. I'm not really regretting it, but I don't want it to become a thing where I abandon everything else either.

I posted the last chapter of the Hunger Games fanfic Rebuild and Recover today, and it feels great to have it all up. In addition to that, because of my insane focus on writing/revising/editing lately, I'm nearly finished with my first revision of the companion story to that one, and I'll be sending that out to a couple of beta readers on Monday. I'm really excited about that. Once they're finished with it, I have to edit it all again based on what they say of course, but I'm hoping to start posting it relatively soon.

It may not be advisable considering how little I've been on the accounts I already own lately, but I started an Ello account today. I signed up for the waiting list quite a while ago (since it's still in beta it's invitation only), and my invite only just came today. I'm still figuring out how exactly I want to use it since I already have so many different sites. I feel like everything else already has its niche, you know, and I have to figure out what Ello's niche will be for me. I do like the site from what I can tell, and I'm a fan of the concept of it. I just have to use it until I settle into how best to use it for me. Right now I'm tempted to just post to Ello exactly what I already tweet, but I don't want just a second Twitter or something like that. Ello is different from Twitter anyway, and I don't think it should be used exactly the same way. I feel like it should serve at least a slightly different purpose. Who knows what I'll do with it. I only have two friends at the moment, so I should probably start with that. Seeing other people using it will probably help me sort it all out.

I do have some invitation codes that I can give out though, so if you're interested in joining Ello, let me know. I'd be happy to send you one. No use just keeping them stockpiled around.

Other than all of that, I don't have much to update on for the past week as I've done startlingly little other than school work and writing. I had a realization today that Mockingjay Part 1 comes out in less than a week though, and I haven't at all given thought to when/how/etc. I'm going to go see it. I really need to figure that out because I need to see that movie. Mockingjay was my favorite book of the series, and they did such an amazing job with Catching Fire. Plus, all the trailers and TV spots look excellent. I can't even describe how excited I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment