Friday, November 7, 2014

Reign Review: Season 2 Episode 6: "Three Queens"

If the episode includes lots of Mary and Catherine off by themselves getting some bonding time in then I'm probably going to love it, and this episode was no exception. The relationship between the two of them is one of my favorite things about Reign. Catherine can be extremely cold to Mary sometimes, but I stand by the belief that Mary is actually one of the few people in the world she truly cares about. Catherine just doesn't show it because of the risks involved in that. The end of the episode showed how much she wants Francis and Mary's marriage to be a happy one as well I think, and I thought that was nice.

I also like how the show played with the idea of no one knowing back then what the royal family looked like. The imposters were an interesting addition. I actually ended up liking that story line a lot more than I expected to when the imposters first showed up. I'm wondering if this means we should expect more plots from Elizabeth in the future. I'd think so because otherwise a lot of this episode would feel a bit random.

Lola and Kenna had a conversation about being women at that time that I also loved, and I love that they showed Lola's struggles to get money because she's a woman. I thought that was all great. However, I am not at all excited about anything at all happening between Lola and Narcisse. The guy's a creep. I feel like I'm supposed to find some part of him charming or something, but I don't at all. Plus, there's the whole ambiguous past hanging over him making me feel like we're just waiting for something terrible to happen. I feel completely alone in this though because so many other people seem to love the dynamics between them. I guess I'll see how I feel in the future.

I'm glad that the episode ends with things becoming right between Mary and Francis again. I hate when they fight, and that was a really sweet scene.

I feel like I had a lot less to say this week, but I feel like there were fewer story lines happening this week than usual. I really enjoyed the episode, especially everything with Mary and Catherine. I can't wait for next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment