Monday, November 17, 2014

Reign Review: Season 2 Episode 7: "The Prince of the Blood"

Claude is basically what (or who) I remember the most from this episode. I'm not too fond of her at the moment, but I've been known to change my mind about characters after my initial dislike of them. I think it's the whole liking your brother thing. That tends to put me off towards people. I have no idea what they're planning to do with her. It seems like she's going to have some important story line with Catherine and Catherine's past, which has potential, but I don't know what they're trying to do with Sebastian. That just weirds me out.

I'm feeling even more confident that something terrible is going to happen to Lord Castleroy that ends his and Greer's marriage. I'm leaning towards him winding up killed and leaving Greer as a widow. I could be wrong, but with all the Protestant/Catholic stuff it definitely feels like it could easily go that way. I'm assuming that could bring a return of Greer/Leith, but that could just be wishful thinking on my part.

Can someone please explain to me what was up with Lola in this episode? Okay, so let's walk through this. Francis asks her to hide a letter in Narcisse's house, Lola is hesitant but agrees, Narcisse tells her the truth about Francis, Lola gets angry that Francis was making her betray Narcisse. Okay, but what did Lola think was in the letter? Did she think that it would be some sort of prize that Narcisse would hopefully stumble across one day or something? She had to have known all along that the letter was bad news for Narcisse because otherwise she wouldn't have had to hide it. Francis was open about not telling her the whole truth, and she still agreed to do it. Why wasn't she angry then? I don't understand it at all. It made no sense. She acts like he betrayed her when she knew she didn't have the whole truth but had to know what she was doing was bad news for Narcisse from the start.

I'm just very frustrated about that because I can't at all understand why Lola got so angry. It's only compounded by the fact that Narcisse is the creepiest guy on the show, and now she seems to want to protect him. That foreshadows terrible, terrible things in my mind. I don't like where I could see this going. I just want Lola to stay as far away from him as possible, and I don't at all understand what she thinks she's doing.

Conde's actions, especially his "I did it for you" line are making me think he's developing feelings for Mary. If Mary and Francis keep having tension, I could see that becoming a particularly troubling problem. I'm not entirely sure what I think they'll do with that though.

I really feel for Francis in this episode. I don't agree with every single thing he's decided to do, but he just became king at a young age, and he's having to deal with this. That's definitely overwhelming. Unfortunately, this is a television drama, so I don't foresee it getting better for him all that quickly, if at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment