Saturday, February 20, 2016

Jumbled Thoughts on Star Wars: Episode VIII

I filmed a video recently about the Fantastic Beasts movie, and in that, I talked about how I don't like having expectations about movies when I go into them because I worry that it will lead to disappointment. However, I also filmed a video recently about who I thought Rey's parent(s) would be in the new Star Wars trilogy. I think it's obvious from that video that I have things that I think "should" happen in the next two movies.

I can't help but try to figure out the answers to questions that I have after watching the first movie, but at the same time, I still don't want to try to really figure out what's going to happen only to be disappointed when things don't go the way I'd hoped. Because of that, I don't really know what I expect to happen other than my theory about Rey's dad and maybe one or two other things. Mostly, I think about ideas or theories other people raise or that immediately come to my mind while watching Force Awakens, but I don't speculate much beyond that.

I suppose this post is a lot like my Fantastic Beasts video in that I don't have much to say about the next Star Wars movie, but I'm writing this post anyway just because I want to talk about it. Unlike Fantastic Beasts though, I'm far more just excited about the next Star Wars movie than I am nervous. Since we've already seen Force Awakens and loved it, I feel pretty safe being optimistic about Episode VIII. It's not as unknown. Despite a different writer and director and that sort of thing, I feel confident that Lucasfilm and Disney know what they're doing with the trilogy. Sure, there's still the possibility that they could screw up, but I don't think it's as likely as Fantastic Beasts failing.

If I keep going on, this post will be as rambling as my Fantastic Beasts video, so I'll wrap it up here. I do want to talk more about Episode VIII (and IX) in the future, so I'd expect more posts in the future that have more of a point to them. I do have several other things that I know I want to talk about. Right now, I just happen to be in a mood right now that led to this instead of a post on any of those things. (And by that I mean I took a two hour long practice test earlier that friend

No comments:

Post a Comment