Saturday, February 6, 2016

Twitter

I don't understand the appeal of Facebook. I never have. When MySpace was a thing, I didn't like it either. I'm not sure why, but after creating accounts on both sites, I just never wanted to use them. I was always more interested in other things on the Internet, like blogs, Youtube, forums, and those sorts of things.

It wasn't until Twitter became a thing that I actually became interested in social media. (I think Youtube is typically considered social media, but I'm not sure how much it actually is.) I have no idea why Twitter managed to draw me in when Facebook and MySpace didn't. But now I've been on there for more than seven years, and I'm still using it all the time.

Lately I've been tweeting less because I'm trying to get more stuff done and not get distracted. The past year or so I've started going through periods where I tweet and don't tweet. But in some ways I feel like Twitter is one of my great loves on the Internet.

Of course, there's all the talk recently about and increased character limit and a new Twitter feed. I'm not sure if those changes would still feel like Twitter. It kind of scares me a bit to be honest. It's ridiculous how worried I am about not enjoying Twitter anymore. Sure, even now I have times where I don't want to be on it, but I never seriously think about leaving. It's hard to imagine that one day the site itself might go downhill or I'll just lose interest.

I have no idea what this blog is. Think of it as just random journaling on thoughts. I've been thinking about Twitter a lot recently with the rumors/news. I guess I'll just have to wait and see how I feel about Twitter in ten years.

No comments:

Post a Comment