Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve!

Happy Christmas Eve everyone! Even if you don't celebrate Christmas, I hope you had a great day! In a little over an hour it will be Christmas here!

Yesterday, after posting my last blog, I finally updated my fanfic for the first time in four and a half months! Yay! I may get started on chapter seven tomorrow, or I may not since it's Christmas.

The majority of my day was spent watching Christmas movies on ABCFamily and starting to read Dear John by Nicholas Sparks (which I'll talk more about later).

I went to Christmas Eve mass. We left at about 3:15 but mass didn't start until four. We got there 45 minutes early and it was still packed! We had to sit in the back were they'd put extra chairs and you couldn't see anything. My sister sang with the children's choir. She did really good especially considering she had been (and still is) sick. She had to sing a solo, and was freaking out yesterday because my mom said if she was still running a fever she wasn't allowed to go. Luckily, she got well enough to sing. This year's the last year she can be in children's choir, so it would've sucked if she couldn't have sung.

After mass, we went to my grandma's house to celebrate Christmas with my dad's side of the family. We do secret santa each year so everyone only gets two presents (my grandma gets something for everybody). This year, I got money from my grandma. My cousin who got my name got me season six of Little House on DVD. I'm apparently supposed to be getting books, but they didn't come in time. They said they'd get them to me later. It was a whole lot of fun spending time with my family.

Dear John by Nicholas Sparks:

I finished the first chapter. I like it, but I'm not really into it yet. I'm sure it'll get better. I am kind of interested to find out what happens after how chapter one intended. (I was trying to make that not a spoiler for people who haven't read it, but I may have just made it confusing. Oh well.)

Only an hour until Christmas. I haven't even showered yet! I'm extremely tempted to just go to bed, but I know I'll never take one in the morning. At this rate, I'll still be up when Santa comes. It's happened before though (although I think it was the Easter bunny). The dogs woke me and my brother up in the middle of the night before Easter. I found my brother wondering the hallway because my parents weren't in bed. (I still don't know what had happened to them. Must have been helping the Easter bunny.) Anyway, I had my brother lay down with me until my mom came back. I wonder if my brother ever suspected anything?

Haley

No comments:

Post a Comment